Monday, April 18, 2011

More Soundcloud automation

I'm just now starting to get how to use SoundCloud properly thanks to another suggestion from a friend. In my previous blog entry about Soundcloud I mentioned my target "dubstep" and it's different sub-genres. Now what I have found is that the night I started doing PM's even though they were spun, I got results from people on other suggestions, but I missed one major point. I needed to do that message from a different account than my music account. Not that anything happened with SoundCloud or banning, just that the message was set up to mention my artist account without actually myself; the artist, being the person to be mentioning myself. Nonetheless. People overall responded well.

Yesterday I started actually letting the soundcloud plugin work on adding. I had previously set up the Add script in webDOM to "gather" to my list of soundcloud users while adding, so I now have a list of 30,000+ users, and because of the way commenting works on the site, all of those users are within the target market still. That being said, I let it run and it seems my follow count stopped at 979. This seems to be a limit imposed by SoundCloud.

So to get around the limit this is what I did...
  1. Created a new list called "scratch"
  2. Navigated to the page on soundcloud showing those who follow me
  3. Auto-Gathered everyone from that list
  4. In the list, I clicked on the very last list item so that webDOM starts after that item
  5. Navigated to the page on soundcloud showing those who I'm following
  6. Auto-Gathered the people from those who I'm following - because the list system only allows uniques it will not add those who are following me back because they're already there
  7. I then ran the Unfollow custom action in the soundcloud plugin
So now I ran through all of the people toward the end of the list. At the moment I have a webDOM bot going through the latter 940 people who I was following and is now unfollowing them. This will give me more room to follow another 940 different people. At the end of the weekend (I didn't work on any campaigning this weekend) I was able to get 38 followers, 226 profile views, 128 song plays, 2 downloads, 31 visits to wiseeyesmusic.com and 22 comments.

Like all good marketers, I like to look at conversions and see the conversion ratios. This way I can figure out how much work it will take to reach my goals. I want to generate at least 100 visits to my site from each of the social networks I'm working with. So right now, the conversion flow works like this...

979 friend requests > 226 profile view > 31 site visits

So respectively if 979 were 100% then I would be converting:
  1. 23% of requests to profile views
  2. 13% of page views to site visits
So 13% of the people who view my soundcloud profile visit my web site, which means that in order to get 100 visits a day, I need to get 729 profile views. In order to get 729 profile views (23% of invites) then I need to send out 3,157 friend requests per day. Right now I can only invite 979 in one run, and I'm not sure how that's going to work since I need to give people at least a day or two before I unfollow them, because there are people who don't use soundcloud every day. I guess I need to use a new strategy then to reach my goal.

New stragegy - Commenting

I'm going to try doing this action with everyone. When I follow I'm going to also add a comment automatically on a track, if they have one. Then I'm going to also send them a message telling them that I followed them and asking to please follow me back. I do not know if this will work or not, but my hypothesis is that people will be more receptive to come visit my page if they see that I'm following them and that I also sent them a message. I could even, based on the condition that the person has songs uploaded, auto-favorite random songs and change the message to say something about how I like their music in the message. As soon as I'm done unfollowing, this is what I'm going to do.

As for the other strategy of creating a "fan" account and suggesting myself from that account, I'm going to try that as well.

Tomorrow we'll see how it's worked out.

5 comments:

  1. I should mention here that I'm going to try using two webDOM processes at once. One that does what the "music fan" needs to do, and one that does what my artist account needs to do. i.e: the fan is going to send messages suggesting artists and the artist is going to follow/comment/pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi! Help me please! I need it badly! Add me on facebook if it's not an issue for U
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001096123031
    I was trying to do the same stuff with soundcloud..but I have still have some questions
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi how are you doing all this? did you register your app with soundcloud to get access to the API?

    ReplyDelete
  4. More Soundcloud automation. I'm just now starting to get how to use SoundCloud properly thanks to another suggestion from a friend. soundcloud followers

    ReplyDelete